Mongolia is a great place to visit and you should learn more about this fascinating part of the world, which is full of impressive facts and interesting culture that will let you think on how much stuff has happened in history. Among the many facts that you can consider, you can get the following ones:
- The name of the capital city is Ulan Bator. The name means “red hero”, which in Mongol is written as “Ulaan Bataar”.
- You should consider that the Inner Mongolia is still an autonomous region of China.
- Mongolia is the most sparsely nation of the world because they only have a total of 4.3 million people every square mile.
- There is a theory about that Mongolian people invented ice cream.
- The stock exchange of Mongolia is actually not very large, but instead it is the smallest in the world and it is been saved in a children cinema.
- The Gobi desert is the biggest desert in Asia and it is the fifth largest one in the whole planet.
- The Great Wall of China was really built in the inner Mongolia and this happened in the year 600 A.D.
- There is a theory that the word Mongol derives from the meaning “brave”.
- Wrestling is a tradition in Mongolia.
- The elevation of the territory in Mongolia is 1580m which makes it one of the most elevated territories in the world
- Many Mongol people live in a “ger”, which is basically a yurt that you can carry and transport to live like a nomad person.
- There is one special singing that comes from Mongolia which is called khöömii, . This singing consists on producing two kinds of sounds with the human voice.
By [Carlos Erik Malpica Flores].